At the RAC, we're always trying to make motoring easier, safer and more affordable for our members – that’s why you can buy and sell your car with the RAC Difference. We can help you find a great quality used car or even get a great deal on a new car.
Buy your next car with the RAC Difference
On RAC Cars you can search for your next car and buy with confidence. You’ll find thousands of used cars with RAC Cars, listed by a range of quality dealers and private sellers from across the country.
Compare great new car offers
RAC Cars has partnered with comparison site carwow, to get you upfront offers from manufacturer-approved dealers. Experience car buying without any of the usual uncertainty, hassle or haggling. All new cars are supplied by UK franchised dealers with standard manufacturer warranty, breakdown cover and pre-delivery checks (your selected dealers will provide full details on request). Search new car offers here.
Sell your car for FREE
Wanting to sell your car privately? Put your car in front of over 500,000 car buyers every month and list your motor for FREE. Add value to your sale by adding a History Check to show your car has a clean history and book a Vehicle Inspection to show prospective buyers your car is roadworthy and ready to sell.
- RAC Approved Dealer - This is a Dealer who prepares all their vehicles to the RAC 82 point standard including a full history check. All vehicles come with a minimum 3 months RAC warranty and 12 months complimentary RAC breakdown.
- RAC Dealer - This is a dealer who provides a minimum of 3 months complimentary warranty and 3 months complimentary RAC breakdown.
- Franchised Dealer - This is a dealer who holds a franchise from a car manufacturer and prepares new and used cars for sale to the franchise standards.
- Other Dealer - Dealers who are not franchised or RAC Approved dealers. They may be privately owned or part of group and may offer benefits such as warranty, breakdown and multi point checks.
- NEW! Private Seller - You can now search for cars listed by private sellers. Look out for cars that have been RAC Checked, these sellers have purchased a Car Passport to show if the car has a clean history, or an RAC Vehicle Inspection so you know the car has been properly road-tested and is fit for sale. Selling a car? upload your listing for FREE and watch your car sell.
RAC Approved Dealers are the only dealers to offer RAC BuySure; a guarantee that every car purchased from one of our Approved Dealers is prepared to the RAC 82 point standard including a full history check and comes with a minimum of 3 months warranty, 3 months RAC breakdown cover and RAC Accident Care. Terms and conditions apply.
We are here to help
If you are uncertain about the details of any vehicle listed on RAC Cars or wish to pass any comments or feedback about a dealer then please contact us (about/contact) – we are here to help
The RAC Cars website contains material submitted by private individuals, trade dealers and other third parties. Whilst we may take reasonable steps to verify information provided if you’re worried that a listing on RAC Cars you can report your concerns to our customer care team for investigation. We examine every suspicious advert and email reported to us. Simply click the ‘Report this ad’ button on the vehicle listings page or on the vehicle ad and choose from the below options to raise an investigation:
- Misleading price
- Misleading mileage
- Undeclared Cat C/D write-off
- Not selling a vehicle
If you think you have seen a scam or received a suspicious email, you can report this to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. please provide as much information as possible so our customer care team can investigate.
If you have already purchased the vehicle and would like to raise concerns about the seller, please contact email@example.com.